1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
½ cup brown sugar, packed
¼ cup margarine
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- Stir together mashed bananas and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine together until light. Beat in egg. Add banana mixture and beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add all at once to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and place mixture in prepared pans.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pans.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire rack before slicing.
Serves 36 (Serving size: ½ inch slice)
Nutritional information: 133 calories; 5g fat; 1g saturated fat; 12mg cholesterol; 138mg sodium; 1g fiber; 2g protein; 20g carbohydrates; 114mg potassium.