Courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
Serve these easy-to-make meatballs with whole grain pasta and a veggie pasta sauce, or try making a sandwich with whole grain sandwich bread and pasta sauce.
¼ cup minced onions
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 lbs lean ground beef
¾ cup bread crumbs
½ cup whole milk
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven 400˚ F. Grease baking sheet lightly with oil.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil and onions to small skillet. Cook over medium heat, until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Mix remaining ingredients together in bowl; add onions. Mix until blended, using a large serving spoon.
4. Shape beef mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs; place on baking sheet.
5. Bake until thoroughly cooked, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Serves 8 (serving size: about 3 meatballs)
Nutritional information: 345 calories; 21g fat; 7g saturated fat; 142mg cholesterol; 224mg sodium
© 2018 National Volunteer Fire Council. All Rights Reserved.