Fun finger food for a hot summer night. Try serving with a tomato cucumber salad drizzled with light vinaigrette.
12oz. salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions (3oz. each)
4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
For taco filling:
1 cup green cabbage (about ¼ head), rinsed and shredded
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp honey
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced (or substitute white onion)
1 medium Jalapeno chili pepper, rinsed and split lengthwise – remove seeds and white membrane, and mince (about 2 Tbsp); for less spice, use green bell pepper
1 tsp fresh cilantro, minced (or substitute ½ tsp ground coriander)
½ Tbsp corn oil or other vegetable oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat grill or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Prepare taco filling by combining all ingredients. Let stand for 10–15 minutes to blend the flavors.
- To prepare the marinade, combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and salt in a bowl.
- Place salmon fillets in a flat dish with sides. Pour marinade evenly over fillets.
- Place salmon fillets on grill or broiler. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until fish flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (minimum internal temperature of 145 °F). Remove from the heat and set aside for 2-3 minutes. Cut into strips.
- To make each taco, fill one tortilla with ¾ cup filling and one salmon fillet.
Serves 4 (Serving size: 1 taco)
Nutritional information: 325 calories; 11g fat; 1g saturated fat; 54mg cholesterol; 395mg sodium; 4g fiber; 24g protein; 29g carbohydrates; 614 potassium