Courtesy of the Tennessee Department of Health
• 1 bunch fresh broccoli or 1 (16 oz.) package frozen broccoli florets
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tsp olive or vegetable oil
• 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp parmesan cheese
1. If using fresh broccoli, trim and cut into florets.
2. Boil water, add broccoli (fresh or frozen) and cook until tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
3. Mince garlic. Heat olive oil over low heat. Add minced garlic and cook until golden, stirring constantly.
4. Add broccoli, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Cook until broccoli is heated through. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Serves 8 (Serving size ½ cup)
Nutritional information: 24 calories; 1g fat; 0g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 0mg sodium; 1g fiber; 3g carbohydrates; 0g protein