Health and Wellness Webinars Now Available
Wednesday, 06 October 2010
The National Volunteer Fire Council has developed a series of webinars as part of its continuing effort to educate first responders about health and wellness. The five webinars focus on a variety of health and wellness topics such as using targeted workouts to improve on-duty performance, nutrition, and smoking cessation. The webinars are now available for download on the Heart-Healthy Firefighter Program web site
The webinars cover the following health and wellness topics:
- Functional Exercise: Michelle Detwiler of L&T Health and Fitness discusses how to improve your on-duty performance through targeted workouts.
- Heart-Health: Dr. Thomas White describes the anatomy of the heart, how a heart attack happens, and the unique risk factors of a first responder.
- Nutrition: Dr. Jeannie Gazzaniga-Moloo explains how to use the nutrition facts label, smart snacking tips, and how to eat healthfully when dining out.
- Program Design: Detwiler presents safe and effective training and exercise programs to implement at the station.
- Smoking Cessation: NVFC Board Member Thomas Miller, LPC, CAC, IADC, leads the Know Your Health: Why I Smoke and How to Quit presentation, sponsored by Pfizer. This webinar is also available on the Put It Out smoking cessation initiative web site at www.healthy-firefighter.org/putitout.
to the webinars today and take the steps to improve your health and wellness.